Vegetarian Ramen & Gyoza
About this class
A healthy, vegetarian introduction to full flavoured ramen and gyoza. This class is ideal for vegetarians, or if you are looking for plant based Japanese dishes, that do not sacrifice flavour. The class can easily be adapted for vegans, just let Yuki know in advance. The class features two types of gyoza (pan fried and in a broth) and two types of ramen (spicey miso and soy based shoyu, Tokyo style). For the ramen dishes Yuki will teach you how to prepare the core ingredients, make the stock and how to develop umami flavour to ensure satisfaction. For the Gyoza, you’ll be taught hands-on how to make the beautiful gyoza shapes, prepare the fillings and then the best cooking method.
“Umami is the key to ensuring flavour is embodied in each dish to create prefect depth of flavour. This is vital for vegetarian and vegan cooking, as it will leave you satisfied and wanting to return for more. Japanese cooking is a perfect fit for a plant-based diet, as there are plentiful ways of inducing flavour without a reliance on meat or fish”
The class menu may vary over the year, with seasonal ingredients and availibility.
- Pan fried vegetarian gyoza
- Marinated brown egg for ramen topping (optional)
- Vegetarian shoyu ramen
- Gyoza in a light broth
- Vegatarian spicey miso ramen
- Preparing the core ingredients for both ramen and gyoza
- Core techniques such as preparing a full bodied stock and gyoza fillings
- Serving the dish and adding classic ramen toppings
- Choosing seasonal ingredients and where to buy produce
- Making the perfect gyoza shapes
- Enjoying the meal we’ve prepared!
- Please add a note when booking your place, to advise of any food preferences or allergies, in advance of the class.
- This is a hands-on class.
- Includes printed copies of all recipes covered.
- Cancellations Policy and T&Cs apply to all bookings.