- This event has passed.
About this class
This class focuses on Maki Sushi (Rolls). Yuki will teach you how to roll four different types of Maki, as well as Temari (hand rolls). Most importantly, Yuki will demystify sushi’s most important ingredient, rice. You’ll learn methods including how to roll sushi, make sushi vinegar, prepare sushi rice step-by-step, alongside presentation techniques.
“Sushi making is a great pleasure, once you have learnt a few simple tricks, to ensure it is perfect every time. Home-style sushi does not take 10 years to master.”
Yuki will also recommend Japanese grocery stores, fishmongers and tips for buying ingredients there. She will show you how to plate the sushi that you have made and how best to serve it. There will also be plenty of time to discuss Japanese food culture during the meal, based on the dishes taught during the sushi class.
- Hoso maki: small roll
- Ura maki: inside-out roll
- Futo maki: authentic Japanese giant roll – A recipe from Yuki’s family
- Te maki: spicey tuna hand roll
- Making perfect sushi rice: making Japanese rice and home made sushi vinegar
- Making sushi fillings: – Japanese omelet “dashimaki” cooked with square pan
- Alternative fillings such as cooked shiitake mushroom and carrots
- Cutting skills for sushi fillings
- Vegetarian option available
- Please add a note when booking your place, to advise of any food preferences or allergies, in advance of the class.
- This is a hands-on class, you will be rolling your own sushi.
- Includes printed copies of all recipes covered.
- Cancellations Policy and T&Cs apply to all bookings.