- This event has passed.
Udon Noodles & Tempura
Yuki will guide you on how to make your own handmade Udon and light, crispy Tempura from scratch, in this special workshop.
Yuki trained with Master noodle Chef Sekizawa-san in Japan and learned the art of making noodles from scratch. Bring those master techniques to your home kitchen, with the skills and tips learnt in this hands-on class. You will make udon dough using a unique kneading method, a special sauce from stock and prepare a light tempura for the topping.
“Freshly, home-made Udon, just like pasta, can never be compared to the shop bought, dried version.”
Udon is served in many different ways, according to season and available ingredients. In Summer this dish will be served cold, in Winter it will be piping hot to warm your bones. The class menu changes according to season. Cooking your Udon ‘al dente’ is a must and it is served immediately, with no excuses! Yuki will introduce a very traditional method to knead the dough and produce your own Udon.
Similarly Tempura celebrates the season’s ingredients, a light batter is the key to your success and Yuki will guide you through her secret tips to do this perfectly.
Class Skills & Techniques
- Making hand-made Udon noodles
- Preparing different types of stock and sauce
- Preparing Tempura batter and dipping sauce
- Cooking perfect crispy fresh Tempura
- Vegetarian option available
- Please add a note when booking your place, to advise of any food preferences or allergies, in advance of the class.
- This is a hands-on class.
- Includes printed copies of all recipes covered.
- Cancellations Policy and T&Cs apply to all bookings.