Miso Making Workshop
About this class
There are many benefits of Miso for your health; it is a core ingredient of Japanese cooking. Understanding its use will provide a foundation for your cookery skills. Miso brings an Umami flavour to dishes, that give many Japanese recipes their unique flavour.
“My home region in Japan is well-known for Koshu Miso. Every New Year before the Spring, my family prepares this by hand in preparation for the rest of the year.”
Unlocking the power of Miso will allow you to experiment at home with different strengths and varieties that you can introduce to your cookery. From pantry to palate, this workshop will teach you which ingredients to use and the basics of the fermentation process.
At the end of the workshop, you will have made approx. 1/2 kg of miso paste that you can take home and store, ready for use in 6 months.
- Miso paste
- Hoto noodles with Miso soup (a regional classic)
- Making Miso from scratch
- Selecting the best ingredients
- Using Koji bacteria and the fermentation process
- Preparing Hoto Miso soup
- Vegetarian option available
- Please add a note when booking your place, to advise of any food preferences or allergies, in advance of the class.
- This is a demonstration class.
- Includes printed copies of all recipes covered.
- Cancellations Policy and T&Cs apply to all bookings.