- This event has passed.
About this class
“Ramen? It is all about the broth. For some this might bring back memories from steamy Ramen bars in Tokyo”
This is a demonstration style class all about Ramen, a deceptively simple dish, when a few tips and tricks are used. Yuki will introduce you to the importance of Umami and how to derive it. Then she will show you how to compose ramen from scratch (save the noodles). Starting with mastery of the dashi (stock); through to mouth-watering toppings and garnishes.
Three types of Ramen will be covered; Miso (soya paste), Shoyu (soya sauce based) and Tan-tan (Spicy pork); from which you can choose your favourite. Every ramen class ends with enjoying the results from the recipes learned.
- Miso Ramen
- Shoyu Ramen
- Tan-tan Ramen
- Cha Shu Pork, marinated brown eggs & other toppings
- Marinated brown eggs & other toppings
- Making Ramen stock
- Preparing three types of Ramen (Miso, Shoyu and Tan-tan)
- Preparing meat such as slow cooked Chashu pork
- Choosing suitable toppings
- Putting the dish together and how to serve
- Methods for storing
- Please add a note when booking your place, to advise of any food preferences or allergies, in advance of the class.
- This is a demonstration class.
- Includes printed copies of all recipes covered.
- Cancellations Policy and T&Cs apply to all bookings.