Fish & Seafood
About this class
This class is a tasty introduction to traditional seafood recipes. Yuki will teach you how to prepare a range of dishes such as steam-baked seasonal fish with mushroom and ginger sauce, using an easy papillote technique. You will learn how to make different types of sauce, steam Japanese rice or noodles and preparing Japanese Dashi (stock). In addition, Yuki will also cover vegetable cutting, fish preparation techniques and skills.
“For many people, when they think about Japanese food they think of fish. For a country surrounded by the sea, seafood and fish are a core ingredient for many of Japan’s most popular dishes. Both the range and breadth of taste and style is incredible. In this Japanese fish class, I specialise in teaching you how to use locally available fish and seafood and cook them easily using Japanese techniques.”
The Japanese fish class also covers how to select local fish and seafood, with a keen eye for the freshest produce. You will also learn to cook seasonal vegetables dishes as a side.
- Miso soup with clams
- Steam-baked cod with mushroom and ginger sauce
- Daikon & Wakame salad with a sesame dressing
- Steamed vegetable and prawn balls with a Yuzu sauce
- Shiitake mushroom rice
- Use different types of Japanese stock to make sauces
- Prepare side dishes selected to accompany fish & seafood
- Prepare and cook seasonal fish
- Make soup using sea vegetables
- How to select fresh, local fish and seafood
- Please add a note when booking your place, to advise of any food preferences or allergies, in advance of the class.
- This is a demonstration class.
- Includes printed copies of all recipes covered.
- Cancellations Policy and T&Cs apply to all bookings.